Monday, May 4, 2009

Rain Delay

Please pardon the momentary break in blog posts. My legs are still aching from yesterday's Broad Street Run. I finished the 10-miler in 1:19:21 -- my fastest time ever, and am I paying for it? Maybe. I went out too fast and struggled to keep it up to the end. I was so happy to see that finishing line. The toughest part might have been walking back to the car with this guy. The humidity seemed to drop, and chilly air rolled back in its place. Not the best option when you're soaking wet and wearing shorts and a tank top. We looked like zombies.

Here's a picture of my growing collection of race medals:



So more soon -- and remember: I'm speaking at the Collings-Knight House in Collingswood tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m. And it's free! Hopefully my legs will be back in gear then.

Also, I'm toying around with the idea of doing a "job post" -- listing what places are hiring for the summer (as much as I can since I won't be able to write up every sign put up in the windows of shore shops!) Thoughts?

Digg this

4 comments:

yellaphant said...

I missed the race for the first time in 5 years and am SO MAD! I think I'll be stewing for a year now.

Anonymous said...

Jen:

Congrats on your awesome race time.

I think your idea for posting job opportunities for the summer is super smart. Could be a great traffic builder and a terrific service. Do it!

Leah

joyRuN said...

Excellent PR! Congratulations :)

Leslie said...

i did the run too.
my first time.
it was awesome.

check out my review if you want:

http://lovejackson.blogspot.com/2009/05/broad-street-run-recap.html