Thursday, June 9, 2011

Jersey Shore Fact of the Day 49: The Dolphins are Back!

Hey dolphins! Welcome back!

Yes, even dolphins go down the shore for vacation. They come here for the relatively warmer temperatures, and hang out along the coast. They also mate down by Cape May. It's not call a romantic spot for nothing.

You can usually see the dolphins from your beach chair. I've been in the water when they're swimming by, and they sometimes come close. I got about four feet away from one when I was a teenager, but I like to leave them alone. Let them enjoy their downtime just like I am :-)

Digg this

1 comment:

Ann Delaney said...

There is no bigger thrill than sitting in an ocean kayak surrounded by dolphins. Their size and sounds are surprising; I stay very still and hope they won't think it's funny to tip my boat!