Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Functional Bathing Suits - Found!

Thank you to everyone who made suggestions (mostly on Facebook and Twitter!) about where to find functional bathing suits. I admit I was a bit wary when a lot of you suggested Lands End. Lands End to me signals dog beds, sensible pants, and Sears.

Glad to find out I was wrong.

First up: this bikini top but with this bikini bottom. (And I'm sorry I'm not posting pictures here. Lands End won't allow you to do that - BOO!)

No strings! It has a bit of a retro feel, too, given the shape of the bottoms. Very comfy, flattering and won't be falling off in the ocean and/or lake anytime soon. Given the prices (under $40 for the whole thing!) I might order another set in time for my August trip that involves the aforementioned lake.

The second one is this one piece. I mentioned in the previous post that there will be a swim competition on one of my trips - a trip that will involve the dude's family including 12 year old boys - so this is an option for that. Its quite comfortable. Not the sexiest thing around, but that's not the point. Love the coloring. Very pretty. Also under $40.

This is what I pulled from a very limited selection of what's left at the Sears in the Moorestown Mall. I also ended up buying what's labeled as a beach coverup skirt, but seems more like a regular skirt to me - it's not online, though. I'm eyeing up this one online , but I might take the risk and wait until I'm back from vacation.

Digg this

1 comment:

Leah Ingram said...

I ordered a similar bikini from Lands End for my 14 year old. At first she complained because it didn't look Forever 21-enough. But she wears it to every pool party and loves it. It's in red so she looks like a sporty lifeguard. I'm a big Lands End fan, and I think you will be, too, even if you only thought of the company for dog beds in the past!