Monday, August 18, 2008

End of Summer Signings

There's part of me that still -- STILL -- can't believe we only have two summer shore weekends left. Time flies when you're having fun, eh?

I'll be doing two more signings this summer, one on each weekend:

1. August 23 in Sea Isle City. I'll be doing the signing through Dalrymple's. I *think* it's going to be at their boardwalk location from 6-8pm. I'll let you know when I confirm that location and time.

2. August 30 at Sun Rose Words & Music in Ocean City (756 Asbury Ave). The ladies at Sun Rose have been a big champion of this book, and this is my third signing with them. I'll signing from 11am to 1pm.

And that'll be it for my signings at the Jersey Shore this summer. Still hard to believe that it's almost over.

Well, not quite. The shore doesn't just disappear after Labor Day. That's when I'll be on vacation, after all. Plus, I've already lined up assignments and events for summer 2009 (I need a killer dress for a photo shoot that'll be done this September to run for Summer 2009 -- suggestions?)

I've got some things cooking this fall, too. The big event is that I'm part of the Ocean County Library Bookfest on September 27. Look at the lineup! I'm so excited to meet Aliza Green. Her food books are staples in my kitchen. And hopefully I'm going to be part of the Collingswood Book Festival on October 4. I have the paperwork...somewhere. Hopefully the home town gal can still squeak in her entry form on time.

And in case you were wondering...I was in Margate this weekend. Lovely beach, lovely town, but it carried that "end of summer" air. The cooler temps added to that, too, I think. I'd be a happy camper if the humidity stayed away until next summer -- or at least takes a break when I'm on vacation!

I've been thinking about the end of summer a lot over the last few days, especially on my drive home yesterday. I'm tempted to watch sunset on Sunset Beach in Cape May on Labor Day, but I think I'd be too sad. As much as I say that I'm looking forward to the fall -- and I really am -- it's another summer gone and tucked away in the memory books. But this summer was something else. In reading back over the blog, I can't believe how much has happened in the last three months. It's one of those things that I'll remember, and that will have affects on me, both personally and professionally, for a long time.

I'll write more about that later -- probably when I flip over to September on my calendar. Until then, enjoy what we've got left!

Digg this

No comments: