Thursday, August 2, 2007

Change of Plans, Part II

I should have been zipping down the Atlantic City Expressway by now, ready to chow down at a fabulous eatery in Ocean City before grooving to The Silence at the Art of Surfing Festival.

Sigh.

I shouldn't be complaining that the folks who want to publish my second book would like to get started ASAP, so they asked for the proposal to be done by the middle of August. Nor should I be complaining that a few freelance projects came my way today, confirming that I'll be able to pay my mortgage next month. Should all writers be so lucky. And, like Maggie said, no whining. Still, I'd much rather be dancing by the ocean than hunkering down over my desk in Collingswood (and, no, I'm not telling you what that book might be about).

But 'dems the breaks. Good luck tonight, guys!

I'll be back at you tomorrow with a slew of stuff going on this weekend at the shore, from a big fun shore run to a grand ol' fund raising party. Stay tuned!

What I'm Listening to: Guster on Ice: Live from Portland by Guster.

Digg this

No comments: