Tuesday, August 21, 2007

T Minus Two Weeks

It's another gloomy and chilly day down the shore. After my exploits in Cape May and Avalon this weekend, I'm back in my regular office and taking a big look at my entire manuscript. Why? Because I only have two weeks more until the book is due to my publisher. ACK!

I'm surprised that I'm not completely panicking, though I'm sure I will be this time next week. I guess I'm calm right now because four of six chapters are with my assistant, and I know what needs to be done. In five of the six chapters, that means filling in holes, whether it be another restaurant description or two, or writing the introduction. The bulk of the work I have left to do is in the Wildwoods, which is why I'm headed back there tomorrow and this weekend. Pacific Avenue shopping, you're mine! I also need to finish organizing the photographs, getting all the signed permission forms that I can use other people's photographs, make sure everything is in the right format, write the introduction and then give every chapter a heavy edit to make sure the prose is interesting and sparkling.

I'm not sure how often I'll be posting in these last two weeks, but I'll try to put something up here every day. Hopefully. Then sleep for a week. Maybe. It looks like my second book proposal is going to get the greenlight, which means I'll be starting book two soon after I finish book one. When it rains it pours, right?

Digg this

No comments: